Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Moving? Transfer your TRICARE Prime Enrollment

Moving season is right around the corner. It is important to maintain your health care coverage when moving. Fortunately, with TRICARE the process is simple. If you have TRICARE Prime, you may transfer your enrollment by phone, online, or by mail.  Follow these easy steps to make sure you have a smooth transition in your coverage:

Before Moving:

  • Fill prescriptions
  • Take your current primary care manager’s contact information with you
  • If your family uses the Extended Health Care Option Program (ECHO), let your current regional contractor know. The contractor will coordinate the transfer of ECHO care to a new primary care manager.

The current contractor will also share your Exceptional Family Member Program information with the new contractor.

During the Move:

If you need care while traveling, you can use urgent care without a referral. The Urgent Care Pilot program allows Prime members living in the U.S. two urgent care visits each fiscal yearOctober 1 – September 30 (Oct 1—Sept 30). The visits must be with a TRICARE-authorized provider. The Urgent Care Pilot Program is not available to beneficiaries overseas. However, if you are enrolled overseas and traveling stateside, you don’t need a referral and you aren’t limited to two visits. If you aren’t sure if you need urgent care, call the Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-TRICARE (1-800-874-2273) and dial option 1 to talk to a nurse. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

For emergencies, you do not need a referral. If you have an emergency call 911 or go to an emergency roomThe hospital department that provides emergency services to patients who need immediate medical attention.. For more information when traveling with TRICARE visit www.tricare.mil/traveling.

After Arriving at Your New Location:

Once you arrive at your new duty station or location, update and verify your new address, phone number or other personal information in DEERS. You may:

  • Visit http://milconnect.dmdc.mil or http://www.tricare.mil/DEERS, OR
  • Call 1-800-538-9552, OR
  • Mail updates to:

Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
Attention: COA
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA  93955-6771

To find a doctor, compare plans, manage prescriptions and book appointments visit the TRICARE website. Follow the steps listed above to transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment and have one less thing to worry about this moving season

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *